Nelson Mandela Quotes

              Nelson Mandela Quotes

Nelson-Mandela-quotes

Personal Details

Born: Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela (18 July 1918)
            Mvezo, Umtata (now Mthatha), South Africa

Died: 5 December 2013 (aged 95)
            Johannesburg, South Africa


Nelson Mandela became the first black president of South Africa in 1994, serving until 1999. A symbol of global peacemaking, he won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1993.

                Nelson Mandela Quotes



"It always seems impossible until it's done."


Nelson-Mandela-quotes


"A winner is a dreamer who never gives up."

Nelson-Mandela-quotes

"We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right."

"Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again."

"If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart."


"Lead from the back - and let others believe they are in front."

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."

Nelson-Mandela-quotes

"As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own  fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

"I am the captain of my soul."

"Courage is not the absence of fear - it is inspiring others to move beyond it."

"Appearances matter - and remember to smile."

"As long as poverty, injustice and gross inequality persist in our world, none of us can truly rest."

"It is wise to persuade people to do things and make them think it was their own idea."

Nelson-Mandela-quotes

"We can't afford to be killing one another."

"Nonviolence is a good policy when the conditions permit."

"I have retired, but if there's anything that would kill me it is to wake up in the morning not knowing what to do."

"Give a child love, laughter and peace, not AIDS.

"Whatever position I occupied, it was the result of colleagues - of my comrades in the movement - who had decided in their wisdom to use me for the purpose of focusing the attention of  the country and the international community on me."

"When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw."

"There is nothing like  returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered."

Nelson-Mandela-quotes

"One cannot be prepared for something while secretly believing it will not happen."

"As I have said, the first thing is, to be honest with yourself. You can never have an impact on society if you have not changed yourself...Great peacemakers are all people of integrity, of honesty, but humility."

"Where you stand depends on where you sit."

"Without language, one cannot talk to people and understand them; one cannot share their hopes and aspirations, grasp their history, appreciate their poetry, or savour their songs."

"One of the things I learned when I was negotiating was that until I changed myself, I could not change others."

"A nation should not be judged by how it treats its highest citizens, but it's lowest ones."

 "In my country, we go to prison first and then become President."

"It is not  where you start but how high you aim that matters for success."

"It is what we make  out of what we have, not what we are given, that separates one person from another."

"I am the master of my fate and the captain of my destiny."
Previous
Next Post »